Preventive dentistry helps to reduce and limit the amount of dental treatment needed to maintain a healthy mouth and smile.
The two main causes of tooth loss are decay and gum disease. The more that you prevent or correct these problems, the more likely you are to keep your teeth for life.
Pepin Valley Dental understands the critical role licensed registered dental hygienists (RDH) play in your total dental treatment. Therefore, we provide friendly, highly trained and experienced individuals to assist you. The preventative program chosen depends on your course of treatment with the doctor, and may involve the following:
- The collection of clinical information, previous records and the taking of x-rays before you visit with the doctor.
- The cleaning of your teeth. Depending on initial findings, this may be done in one visit, or over several appointments.
- The development of individualized home care methods for the maintenance of gums and teeth during the course of your treatment.
- The development of recall intervals after the active part of your treatment to maintain your dental health.
- An oral cancer screening.
At your appointment, we will reserve time to meet with you to discuss any problems or concerns you may have. We will also perform an exam and take any necessary x-rays.
Everyone at Pepin Valley Dental looks forward to providing you with the opportunity to keep your teeth for your entire life, if possible, in maximum comfort, function, health, and appearance.
A couple cowboys came off the range to get a tooth fixed at Pepin Valley Dental. Find out what they thought by watching the video! Read More